Pitch Night: EdTech
Across the world, educational institutions are under pressure to keep classrooms up to date with technology and keep curriculums relevant to the demands of today’s jobs. Fortunately, Victorian startups are in a prime place to develop technologies to transform how people learn, especially considering the number of renowned schools and universities located right here in Victoria’s capital.
Our focus on EdTech in April will profile and showcase both leaders and up-and-coming startups that are revolutionising and empowering the EdTech industry.
What is EdTech?
Education technology is a wide field. Education technology focuses on study and ethical practices; it improves education in a systematic way. Education technology sometimes known as instructional technology or learning technology.
The Pitch Night:
Startup Victoria are proud to partner with LaunchVic to showcase 4 startups working within the EdTech sector, as they pitch to a panel of hand-picked, expert judges as well as our usual community of founders, startups, investors and more. They will also be pitching to win the Startup Victoria Prize Package below.
- 28 March – Applications open
- 16 April – Applications close
- 17/18 April – Shortlisted applicants announced
- 23 April – Pitch Training & Selection Session (for shortlisted applicants)
- 24 April – Top 4 Finalists announced
- 30 April – Pitch Night
- Please fill out this form by Wednesday 16 April.
*Judges to be announced!*
- Austrade: Participation in the Landing Pads program at a location of your choice (Singapore, Berlin, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Shanghai)
- AWS: $5,000 AWS Credit to the winner and $1,000 AWS Credit to finalists
- Crazy Domains: 1 x hour consultation with a web expert and free comprehensive website health check, valued at $279
- Coglan Duffy & Co: 1 x hour of free legal advice
- Connect Labs: $4000 worth sales and marketing technology audit for your startup to get found, get leads and get customers
- General Assembly: $1000 credit for classes & workshops, valid for 1 year.
- Law Squared: $2500 credit to use the Cubed by Law Squared platform
- Northraine: 10 hours x machine learning training and consultation
- Prime Financial: 4hours x consultation for winner and 2hours x consultation for finalists
- SendGrid: $5,000 credit to winner and $3,000 credit to finalists
- Stripe: $50,000 of volume waived of Stripe fees
- SquarePeg Capital: 30mins x consultation with the team
LaunchVic is leading the development of a globally-connected startup ecosystem.
With the help of startup founders, entrepreneurs and investors, corporates and universities, we aim to build a startup ecosystem that can strengthen the economy, encourage more people to work with and for startups, and represent all Victorians.
Our focus lies in the areas of funding, community building and global recognition for the Victorian startup ecosystem.
Official Event Staffing Provider:
Weploy is creating an empowered and fearless workforce and building the world’s best community of on-demand short-term office support staff.
Photos and video may be taken at the event and may be used for promotional purposes. Your attendance at this event is considered as implied consent for the use of these photographs for these purposes.
All attendees to Startup Victoria’s event must comply to our Startup Victoria Events Code of Conduct.