Startup Success Series: Getting Investor Ready
So you’re ready for your first injection of external capital? Great!
There is a huge amount of differing advice on what investors are looking for, what you need to do to get yourself investor-ready and how you should go about looking for investment – it can all feel very overwhelming. On top of this, you need to be ready to answer difficult questions and convince investors that you and your startup are a great investment opportunity not to be missed.
So for this week’s Startup Success Series, we’ll be joined by expert investors to go through everything you need to know to get your startup investor-ready.
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Making sure an investor is the right choice for injecting capital into your startup
- What’s the difference between angel/VC/family office (and which is right for you)?
- How to approach investors (tips, etiquette, etc.)?
- How to calculate the amount you need to raise?
- What do investors expect founders to have in place?
- How much equity can you expect to allocate to an investor on your first raise?
- What to expect in your first conversation?
- What are the common pitfalls that founders fall into?