Pitch Night: Corporate Culture to Startup Scene
The jump from corporate culture to the startup scene can be a terrifying one. Giving up security to start something new in the relative unknown isn’t a decision to be taken lightly, but many in the Victorian startup ecosystem have taken the leap! The average Victorian founder age is 36 – founders are gaining both life and work experience before turning to the entrepreneurial lifestyle.
At Pitch Night: Corporate Culture to Startup Scene, we’ll be focusing on those founders who have left their corporate careers behind in pursuit of creating their own successful startup! The criteria is simple; at least 1 founder of the startup must have been working in the corporate sector prior to starting the company and be based in Victoria. Startups of any size from any industry are welcome to enter!
The Pitch Night
On the night, four founders will pitch their startups to a virtual room of industry professionals, fellow founders and an expert panel of judges to win The Startup Vic Prize Package!
30 June – Applications open
19 July – Applications close
20 July – Shortlisted applicants announced
23 July – Pitch training for shortlisted applicants
24 July – Finalists announced
28 July – Pitch Night
Please fill out this form by COB 19th July.
- Airwallex: First $100K of foreign exchange free on Airwallex ($0 fees, 0% margin) for winner, first $25K of foreign exchange free on Airwallex ($0 fees, 0% margin) for finalists
- Austrade: Market readiness consultation session with the Landing Pads team. If ready, priority access to the Landing Pads program at a location of your choice (Singapore, Berlin, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Shanghai)
- AWS: $5,000 AWS Credit to the winner and $1,000 AWS Credit to finalists
- Cogent: 3 hour product review and strategy session with a senior product manager, developer or UX designer
- Coghlan Duffy & Co: 1 x hour free legal audit and advice
- Dovetail: 1 x hour product development and tech architecture workshop
- LUNA: Free 1 hour consultation for both legal & financial services followed by a 25% discount on services (valid for 30 days after relevant consult in legal or financial services)
- Pfizer: 1 x hour mentoring with a Pfizer senior leader
- SendGrid: $5,000 credit to winner and $3,000 credit to finalists
- Stone & Chalk: 3 months free inc. access to the COLLAB Residency Package
- Stripe: $50,000 of volume waived of Stripe fees
- SquarePeg Capital: 30 x minutes consultation with the team
- William Buck: 30 min R&D Incentives consultation with Rita Choueiri, Head of R&D Tax Incentives at William Buck