City of Melbourne Accelerator Program (CoM X)
City of Melbourne has partnered with RMIT Activator and Hub Australia to present CoM X – a 12 month accelerator program for retail and hospitality focused startups.
CoM X is designed to help startups increase presence in the market, grow their network and achieve early stage traction for their business.
The 12 month pilot program gives five retail and hospitality focused startups support to establish innovative solutions and ventures which will stimulate both the day and night time economies in the City of Melbourne.
The program combines the world-class self-guided learning support of RMIT Activator with the opportunity to work in one of Australia’s premier co-working spaces in the heart of the CBD at Hub Collins Street.
The five successful startups will each receive:
Support through the RMIT Activator including:
* Access to RMIT Activator’s online platform
* Enrolment in micro-credentialed courses, face-to-face workshops and masterclasses
* Involvement in group based accountability sessions with a startup coach.
A Flexible 8 day membership for 12 months at Hub Collins Street which includes;
* Access to Hub Collins Street from 8am-5pm Monday to Friday for 8 days a month
* Access to all amenities at the Hub
* Invitations to all programmed and networking events
* Opportunities for connections to other Hub Australia members.
* After completing the program, startups will have opportunities to make connections with City of Melbourne businesses to help expand their venture.
To be successful, applicants must meet the following key criteria:
· Able to demonstrate how an outcome of your business will benefit the City of Melbourne
· Able to demonstrate an innovative solution which may enhance or future proof current businesses within the retail and hospitality sectors in the City of Melbourne
· Able to demonstrate economic impact to the City of Melbourne through your business
· Able to demonstrate that your business is at an early stage of achieving product/market fit
· Demonstrated ability to commit to the 12 month program
· Have no outstanding acquittals or debts to the City of Melbourne.
Applications close 11.59pm Tuesday 16th July.