Applications to join the LawTech Hub are now open
Calling all tech startups and scaleups working on the next big legal innovation! Applications are now open to join the LawTech Hub for the July intake. The Lander & Rogers LawTech Hub powered by YBF Ventures is an immersive experience where startups and scaleups have ready access to legal expertise, business experience and client networks. Find out more and apply here.
The legal profession is in an exciting period of rapid change. Globalisation, economic forces, and advancements in technology are changing the way law is practised.
Clients are seeking innovative solutions to an increasingly broad range of legal and business challenges. They also want greater connectivity and streamlined delivery of legal services.
This presents an enormous opportunity for startups and entrepreneurs to work with lawyers and their clients to design new technology solutions. In a rapidly expanding market, lawtech is a key emerging sector and Australia is well-placed to take a leading role.
To support the growth of startups developing lawtech solutions, contemporary Australian law firm Lander & Rogers has partnered with YBF Ventures by creating Australia’s first dedicated LawTech Hub. Rather than just an accelerator program, the LawTech Hub has a permanent on-site presence at YBF Ventures in the Melbourne and Sydney CBDs. The Hub sits alongside other startups in fintech, insurtech, agtech, and other sectors.
The LawTech Hub provides an immersive experience within a vibrant startup community. The residents access the vast networks, experience, and expertise of Lander & Rogers as they solve real legal and business challenges.
LawTech Hub Benefits
Jump-start your innovation with the LawTech Hub by Lander & Rogers, YBF Ventures can offer successful applicants an incredible set of benefits:
- Zero equity taken — giving you more leverage to raise capital and attract talent
- Access to our Mentor Program and industry-leading experts who help develop your business proposition, find investors, provide guidance and identify sales channels
- Opportunity to run trials and proofsof-concept with Lander & Rogers and its clients • Full membership of YBF at a heavily reduced monthly rate
- Facilitated introductions to potential clients, partners, investors, and the wider tech community • Participation in numerous events and meetups including industry events, hub lunches, and guest speaker sessions
For its third intake, the Lander & Rogers LawTech Hub will focus on solutions that centre primarily on:
- artificial intelligence (AI)
- smart contracts
- predictive analytics
- automation and robotics
- smart connectivity platforms
- a legal sector issue requiring an innovative tech solution
- data/ predictive analytics
We are looking for Australia’s best and brightest innovators and entrepreneurs to join the Lander & Rogers LawTech Hub.
To be eligible to join the hub, you need to:
- Have a compelling use case that is relevant to the LawTech Hub’s main themes — if you are unsure, reach out and start a conversation
- Have a working solution that is in market or has gone through an accelerator or incubator program
- Have either secured seed funding or successfully raised a round of funding
- Have a diverse team with a strong skill balance and depth
For more information and to apply, please visit the LawTech Hub at landers.com.au.